Thursday, February 12, 2009

New Painting for "Movers & Shakers" this weekend.

Like my favorite hovering and hot pre-teen fairy, Tinkerbell, I will play a SMALL role in a HUGE art show this Valentine's Day In Los Angeles, CA.
My good friend Gino Joukar has collected an insanely large number of amazing artists (i think its like 75 artists) and is curating a show called "Movers & Shakers" @ The POVEvolving Gallery this Saturday, Feb 14th, In LA.
If you are around the area, I suggest you go. Heres a flyer, some info, and below is my Tinkerbell-sized contribution.
Word, nerd.







Opening Reception: Feb 14th, 7pm - 11pm
@ POVEvolving Gallery.
939 Chung King Road
Los Angeles, CA 90012

povevolving.com

ANd here is my contribution, called "They've Always Been Here":




Sometimes its neat to pretend you have super human, CSI-like enhancement capability and can zoom in really close to see some details. So i did that for you, via my amazing Photoshop Zoom skills. Its almost as good as being Bionic:




Finally, most of the time my sketches for my pieces look like scribbles, and this is no exception. Here is a side by side comaprison showing the "before any effort is put in" and "after i go through with the decision to paint something weird". Enjoy.





Yay!