Saturday, February 7, 2015

MOVING SALE FAQ



MOVING SALE FAQ

Q: What will you have for sale?
A: A lot of things that have embarrassed me at some point in my life. Old zines I made when I was angry, comics, a few paintings I’ve never shown anyone, some rare prints and artist proofs, CD’s I’ve designed, vinyl records, and a toy or two.



Q: Can I buy anything online?
A: For the most part, NO. This sale is like a weird garage sale, and I’ve checked with about 14 weird garage sales, and none of them have sold things online, so we aren’t either! HOWEVER, I am keeping some things aside and will be putting a small number of rare items on eBay starting MONDAY, Feb 9th so that people outside of the Bay Area don’t miss out on EVERYTHING. Stay tuned for the link to the online auction.

Q: How much is stuff gonna be?
A: A little bit more, a little bit less. Plus dollars.



Q: Will you sign something for me? Then will you sketch me something crazy if I buy something?
A: Some things are signed already, but I would be happy to sign anything you buy if you want. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to draw at this event because I GOTTA HUSTLE AND MAKE MONEY TO MOVE TO A NEW PLANET! Space ships aren’t cheap, you know?!

Q: Why is that yellow “Awful Homesick” book so expensive?
A: That is a first edition printing of the book from around 2008. There were only a couple thousand books printed with that cover. After it sold out, Gingko (the publisher) reprinted a lot more, but with a different cover and in a larger edition size. In the Book World, this version would be considered an “older one”.

Q: Will you be selling any original paintings?
A: There are a few small paintings for sale, but I will have one LARGE 3-piece painting that will be part of a “Silent Auction” throughout the day during the sale.

Q: What is a silent auction? Can I still place a bid if I am not a mime?
A: Of course. The way a silent auction works is that you just place your bid on a piece of paper and keep checking back throughout the auction to see if you have been outbid. If your bid is the winning bid, we will contact you at the end of the sale if you aren’t present.



Q: Can I be part of the silent auction if I can’t make it to the store?
A: Technically, yes. You can call and place a bid. However, the silent auction will be for IN-STORE PICK UP ONLY! So if you win, you have to come pick it up! The painting is too big to ship.

Q: How long will the sale last?
A: 11AM – 6PM Saturday, Feb 7th. If there are any left over items, they will still be available to purchase in the store all weekend, but I will not be there after Saturday.

Q: Do you take credit cards?
A: Yep. Thanks to technology, shout out to Square and iPhone, I will accept credit cards as well as cash.

Q: Do you take trades, like in Bartertown? I love that movie!
A: I love it too, and sometimes in the past I have taken trades, but not this time. I’m trying to move and condense what I have, not get more! Trading time will happen again sometime! Thanks for understanding!



Q: What are you talking about?
A: I don’t know, I’m tired!

Zerofriends SF is located at
419 Haight St (right around the corner from Upper Playground in Lower Haight)
San Francisco, CA
(415) 872-9109


The Moving Sale starts at 11AM and goes until 6PM or until supplies last. See you soon!