Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Alex Pardee x Halloween x Juxtapoz

In what may be my greatest art-related experience since I ate an entire family of live armadillos as a performance art piece back in 2002, I just finished curating the ENTIRE HALLOWEEN ISSUE OF JUXTAPOZ MAGAZINE!
The issue hits newsstands all over the world in a few days on September 11, and I can't wait to show it off. The issue is packed full of artists who have influenced me for years, as well as some newer artists that are creating their own worlds in every aspect of art from scribbling on paper to making video games. Evan & the rest of the Juxtapoz staff were amazingly supportive of letting me showcase who I wanted and how I wanted to do it, which means that the issue has a good-sized fistful of absurdity amidst its Halloweenishness. Pink vomit, human bats, M. Night Shyamalan, the internet, dog dicks, old men, and a comic book artist who tried to give The Joker a vagina are just SOME of the fun things included amongst the articles and art that I have gathered together for this issue. Also, keep your computers and phones tuned, as I, along with my fine surgically-attached brethren at Zerofriends, will be curating the online content of Juxtapoz as well. So please check out the Halloween issue of Juxtapoz when it comes out next week! You will make us all happy! And by all I mean the huge list of artists featured in it, which includes Sam Kieth, Dave Correia, Jon Wayshak, myself, Jhonen Vasquez, Nychos, Allison Sommers, L'amour Supreme, Edmund McMillen and so much more madness that I want to vomit on myself .