Friday, March 6, 2009

Quadruple Update, including the PREDATOR!

Just a couple of things to start off the week....
Yes, I know its Friday. But fuck it, my weeks are different. Because, unlike every Kate Hudson movie, i'm ORIGINAL.

First, YES, i have seen WATCHMEN. Thanks to Jeben Berg, I was able to sneak into a press screening last week and see it. I am going to see it again tomorrow to make sure it all seeps in correctly before scream about it. I would love to review it in depth, but my time may not allow me to. But in short, with the exception of the CGI Lynx-cat and Malin Ackerman's acting on MARS, i LOVED LOVED LOVED it. Period.

Secondly, I would like to both thank and apologize to everyone who came out to WONDERCON last week to visit the Zerofriends Booth and to say hi to me. I was ridiculously sick that weekend so I tried my best to come hang at the booth and meet people, but because so many people were asking to make out with me and my amazing phlegm-filled mouth, I kept having to leave to lay down. On Sunday I was barely even there....
And to the people that I DID manage to hang out and make out with and draw things for, I am very sorry if i seemed out of it or drew you something shitty or not at all. I will make it up to you soon. Hopefully.
My mother and father came by tho, and it's always nice to get their support...
Here is a photo of my father and me at the con. Yah, he and his light-bending suit managed to escape the jungle to come hang at the con.




Thirdly, check out this promo image and get ready to witness me finally being cool enough to join the ranks of the Vinyl Toy world.....Coming soooooon from Upper PLayground and The Loyal Subjects. (Note: a bunch of other promo pics of the toy have been leaked through various websites, but this is a new never before seen drawing that I did for the toy;) Hope you like.....
Oh, and If you are wondering if this little-guy-riding-this-bigger-guy-in-a-vengeful-way-rather-than-a-homosexual-way has a little back story to him, you are in luck. because he DOES! and here it is:

THE WALRUS RIDER:
"Born with legs of a golden tint,
He'd walk, he'd run, he'd jump and sprint,
There's nothing much he COULDN'T do,
With legs of gold and wooden shoes,
The girls all loved his limbs and knees,
For no one else had legs like these,
But jealousy arose with some,
Cause' HE was having all the fun!
So late one night upon his slumber,
Darkness drenched with rain and thunder.
There he slept and dreamt of blondes,
But when he woke HIS LEGS WERE GONE!
Who would do this tragic thing?
What good is a bee if a bee cannot sting?
And what good is HE without legs at all?
Now he cannot move and he's not that tall!
So he hopped on the back of his bestest friend,
And together they ride as he seeks his REVENGE!"





ANd lastly, THIS Darth Vader Helmet that I designed and built last year along with my good friends Sean Pierce and Adam Peterson is now proudly being displayed at the ANDY WARHOL MUSEUM!!!! Insane, i say.