Friday, May 14, 2010

"SKETCH 4 SKETCH" Photo Recap #1

"Dishes are DONE, dude." - 'Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead'


Literally, my dishes ARE done. I realized the moment I walked in my door a couple of days ago, after almost a month on the road, that I forgot to do my dishes before we left in a hurry. Upon my return through the threshold, my house smelled like a bum's mouth and there was, for some reason, a pile of dead mosquito hawks blanketing most of the dishes like they had formed some kind of kamikaze suicide pact the moment they saw cereal crumbs. So after I channelled my inner Garfield and took one last bite of the month old lasagna that was caked to one of the bowls, I was left with no choice but to destroy my dishes and bury them in my Native American neighbor's cursed backyard in hopes that they will return as meaner, more aggressive dishes. But they didn't return, so I went to Target and bought new ones.


What I am trying to say is that THE SKETCH 4 SKETCH TOUR IS OFFICIALLY OVER AND WE ARE BACK HOME! And I wish I could cut my right hand off, clone it over a thousand times, and mail it to every one of you who came out and participated so I can high-five you personally. The tour was incredibly inspiring and we were all taken aback at how many of you guys came out to trade art with us. The turnout at some of the venues was so amazing that the line to trade sketches was over 8 hours long! But we are happy to say that we didn't leave anyone out. Dave and I stayed and sketched for everyone at every event. Sometimes even until 1 AM. So yes, in the sappiest, teary-eyed way imaginable, thank you all very very much. We are currently trying to figure out what to do with the overwhelming amount of awesome art that we got, and we are already planning to do this again next year bigger and badder, so stay tuned:)

Also a HUGE thank you to all of the guest artists that came out with us along the way, and to all of the artists and venues that participated and helped behind the scenes too, it was unreal and surreal. Inspiration = accomplished.

ADDITIONALLY, The RAFFLE drawing will be held on Wednesday, May 19th via our Ustream channel! And the winner will be announced the next day if you can't watch the live drawing.


A more thorough update will appear soon, but until I finish going through over a thousand photos and hours and hours of footage, here is a small portion of the awesomeness that was "Sketch 4 Sketch". Enjoy!

All photos by Stephen Reedy