Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I am bursting into DRAGON CON in ATLANTA!

When I first heard about Dragon-Con years ago from my good friends at Rotten Cotton, I flipped out at the name alone. A convention full of Beastmaster-lovers, Orcs, Killer Clowns, and Girls in Frazetta-gear? Sign me up! Then when I found out that Rotten Cotton had more success and was more excited about Dragon Con than the San Diego Comic Con, I began to look into it. Then, around 2002, someone sent me a photo of someone dressed up as THE MAXX, in a huge super-legit costume, that they saw at Dragon Con. THAT'S the moment i knew that someday i had to venture over to Atlanta to go to it, whether it was just to go, or get a booth or whatever.
Well, 7 years later, I am finally getting a chance to go. Dragon-Con, from what I hear, is like the biggest Horror-Sci-Fi-Fantasy convention in the Eastern US, which means that it's like taking San Diego comic con, and removing all the shit i dont like from it, making a jelly-filled-donut of a good time! Needless to say I'm excited, as its AT LEAST an excuse to buy a new horror movie t-shirt that I will wear until it falls apart. Anyway, I think i am going to be a part of a panel on lowbrow art, along with some of my current favorite artists, Travis Louie & Chis Ryniak, on Saturday evening.

And I will be hanging around by the Zerofriends booth on both Friday and Saturday all day so come say hi to us and check out some new stuff;)



Oh, yah, Zerofriends is releasing this DRAGON-CON EXCLUSIVE new Limited Giclee print of my painting, "The Puppeteer & His Wife" at the show. Its a limited edition of 50 and it rules the school.

Check it:






BTW, here is the link to Dragon Con's website, but to be honest, its a little hard to navigate so I actually don't really know where in the convention the Zerofriends Booth will be, but i know for sure it is in the POP-ART section.
The convention takes place in 4 different hotels:



DRAGON CON

ATLANTA, GA

Sept 4 - 7



•Hilton Atlanta:

255 Courtland Street, NE

Atlanta, GA 30303



•Hyatt Regency Atlanta:

265 Peachtree Street NE

Atlanta, GA 30303



•Marriott Marquis Atlanta:

265 Peachtree Center Ave

Atlanta, GA 30303



•Sheraton Atlanta Hotel:

165 Courtland Street

Atlanta, GA 30303




And here is the info regarding the panel that I will be doing:




"LOWBROW LOWDOWN - The Future of Lowbrow": Baby Tattooville, Alex Pardee, Sas Christian, Colin christian, Travis Louie, Chris Ryniak, Warner, HC -- Saturday, September 5 - Time: 5:30 PM (Hanover F) / 1 hour .......... *****SPECIAL GUEST MODERATOR: Mark Murphy of Murphy design.



Hope to see you there:)
Last time I was in the ATL, for the Sparks x UP tour, I had a fucking blast. I love Atlanta. Food, here i come.